Back to Sicily! Cooking Class with Chef Mara
What you need to know before you sign up
- Your cooking class will be hands on unless otherwise specified
- All equipment is supplied
- We will supply water. You are welcome to bring your own drinks.
- We supply all the tools and an apron for your class
- You will receive recipes for your class
- Cancellation must be completed and confirmed prior to 48h before the class
- Class date changes must be completed and confirmed prior to 24h before the class
- Please do not arrive if you're sick. We reserve the right to remove any participants who display cold or flu symptoms without compensation
- Exchanges for classes due to bad weather will only be granted if the class is cancelled. No refunds,
- Cook Culture has the right to cancel a class at any time. We will do our best to communicate to all registered participants and reschedule as soon as possible. Refunds will not be processed due to cancellations.
Panelle, Sicilian chick pea fritters with sage & pecorino
Cassarecce alla Norma
Classic cannoli with fresh ricotta
The healthy, sunny flavours of Sicily rely on fresh vegetables, good olive oil, sheep's milk cheese and delicious and elaborate sweets! Mara leads annual culinary tours in Sicily and will teach you how to bring the flavours of this volcanic island to brighten your kitchen!
Chef Mara is the past President of Slow Food Canada and was the first to operate a farm-to-table cooking school in the Cowichan Valley. Mara has extensive knowledge of Italian cuisine and a special passion for Italy, where she has led culinary tours for the last 20 years
This class is vegetarian
This class is fully hands-on
This class is not GF
This class is 3 hours
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.