Leading chefs around the world are already convinced by the exceptional stewing properties of Staub cocottes. Thanks to its cast iron and enamel material combination, it retains heat very well and releases it evenly into your food. Cocotte casserole dishes were originally used in France to cook chicken and were handed down from generation to generation as they improve with each use. Nowadays, cocottes have so many more uses: they are ideal for cooking traditional stewed dishes, like goulash or ratatouille, as well as for tender roasts or aromatic, tasty vegetable dishes. A special 'drip' design in the lid ensures that any condensation produced is distributed evenly over the food, protecting it from drying out. The oval cocotte consists of graphite grey cast iron and has a matte black enamel coating on the inside, a material combination that produces even heat distribution. Nutrients are retained within the food, thanks to the aromas that are allowed to develop beautifully. The Staub casserole dish can be used on all kinds of heat sources, including induction hobs. With a diameter of 33 cm and a height of 17 cm, it hold 6.7 litres and is perfect for cooking and serving for the whole family or a group of friends. The durability and excellent stewing properties of the Staub cocotte will help you to cook and serve delicately tasting meals.
- Made in France
- Heavy weight, tight-fitting lid retains moisture, spikes on the lid create a rain-forest effect evenly returning juices back onto food
- Oven safe up to 900F/482C without lid, Lids are Oven safe up to 500F/260C
- Brass knob
- Smooth enamel bottom works on all stovetops, including gas, electric, glass, ceramic, induction, and halogen
- Unique, interior matte texture results in exceptional browning
- Dishwasher safe, hand wash recommended
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.