The Cocotte is cast-iron cookware originally coming from traditional French cuisine, but which is now used worldwide in fine dining. Once used for cooking chicken, it has also long since been used for cooking various roasts, ragouts and casseroles, as well as soufflés and gratins. The combination of cast iron with an enamel coating is ideal for the gentle and delicate braising and roasting of food. Food's nutrients and flavours are retained very well in this way. Amateur cooks and professionals benefit from the longevity of the round cocotte, presented here with a diameter of 34 cm and a volume of 12.6 litres. This is also a particular benefit since the enamel develops its flavour-enhancing properties over time. The resilient casserole dishes can also be used on all types of cookers including induction hobs. Cooking is made easy because it is so simple to use, and the easy-to-clean enamel also means it takes little effort to rinse off after cooking. The cocotte's lid is designed so that condensation is distributed evenly over the roast or food being cooked. This way the meat stays nice and juicy, and the flavour of the vegetables can unfold further. With Staub's black casserole dish, you can take much pleasure in successfully cooking tasty dishes, both modern and traditional, with almost no effort at all.
- Made in France
- Heavy weight, tight-fitting lid retains moisture, spikes on the lid create a rain-forest effect evenly returning juices back onto food
- Oven safe up to 900F/482C without lid, Lids are Oven safe up to 500F/260C
- Brass knob
- Smooth enamel bottom works on all stovetops, including gas, electric, glass, ceramic, induction, and halogen
- Unique, interior matte texture results in exceptional browning
- Dishwasher safe, hand wash recommended
- Suitable for all types of hobs, incl. induction, can also be used in the oven/grill
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.