The cocotte was originally designed to be used as a pot for braising chicken in French cuisine. In this decorative casserole with a cast-iron lid featuring a lying pig design, you certainly won’t only be able to cook coq au vin, but also a juicy piece of pork and the perfect gravy to go with it. The cast iron roasting pan from Staub's series La Cocotte is a beautiful cooking pot which should definitely also be used for table service thanks to its aesthetically pleasing design. The black cocotte is suitable for all types of cookers, and therefore also for induction cookers. The material retains heat superbly and distributes it evenly. In the specially shaped oval cocotte in the colour black you can gently and easily make braised meat dishes. If you want to marinate a roast and cool it before cooking it in the oven, simply put the casserole dish in the refrigerator, of course with its lid on. The special pig-shaped cocotte has a diameter of 17 cm, a height of 11.9 cm and a width 28.7 cm. It can hold up to one litre and has a brass-coloured knob which you can use to lift the lid for serving. With this cocotte, you’ll succeed in making hearty meat dishes and delicious gravies which you can serve to the table in style in this attractively designed casserole dish.
- Made in France
- Heavy weight, tight-fitting lid retains moisture, spikes on the lid create a rain-forest effect evenly returning juices back onto food
- Oven safe up to 900F/482C without lid, Lids are Oven safe up to 500F/260C
- Nickel steel knob
- Smooth enamel bottom works on all stovetops, including gas, electric, glass, ceramic, induction, and halogen
- Unique, interior matte texture results in exceptional browning
- Dishwasher safe, hand wash recommended
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.