Top-of-the-line MIYABI Birchwood is a work of culinary art. Both blade and handle are crafted from the most precious materials, which shape their striking appearance. More than meets the eye, the potent core of SG2 micro-carbide powder steel is protected by 100 layers of steel. MIYABI's innovative, ice-hardening process locks in the long-lasting sharpness of the CRYODUR blades. Beneath its beautiful exterior, the flower Damascus pattern provides added durability. The scalpel-like blade is complemented by an equally striking Karelian (Masur) Birch handle. A prized material for knife handles, Karelian Birch is also the only wood ever used in a Faberge egg. Exquisite and ergonomic, MIYABI Birchwood knives feel as good as they look. Handcrafted in Seki, Japan.
- Set contents: 7" Santoku Knife, 5" Paring knife
- SG2 micro-carbide powder steel
- Authentic thin Japanese blade profile
- Hand-honed using the three-step Honbazuke process to a 9.5 to 12 degree edge
- CRYODUR blade, ice-hardened to Rockwell 63
- 101-layer flower Damascus design with katana edge
- Traditional Japanese Karelian (Masur) Birch handle
- Rounded spine and heel
- Hand wash only
- Handcrafted in Seki, Japan
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.