Make fresh bread with four ingredients and your Staub dutch oven. This recipe is easy, convenient and delicious.
3 cups all-purpose or bread flour (or half of each)
1/4 tsp of instant yeast
1 tsp salt
1 1/2 cups hot water
1. Combine flour, salt, and yeast in a large bowl. Stir in water until there is no visible dry flour.
2. Cover and let it proof for 6-24 hours
3. Scrape onto a well-floured surface and form a rough ball.
4. Cover the dough and let it proof while you prepare the oven.
5. Place your dutch oven with the lid on in the oven and preheat to 450F.
6. Once preheated, take the dutch oven out and take off the lid. Carefully lower the dough with the parchment paper into the preheated pot. Place the lid back on.
7. Bake covered for 30 minutes then bake uncovered for another 10-15 minutes.
8. You should hear a bit of crackling when the bread comes out of the oven. Place the bread on a cooling rack and let it cool completely before cutting into it.
*You can also proof your dough in your fridge but allow it to proof at room temperature for at least another 1.5 hours before baking it.