Cocottes were invented in France many years ago and are traditional casserole dishes, ideal for making French specialties such as beef bourguignon or coq au vin. They can be used to effortlessly prepare a wide range of delicious French casseroles, as well as tasty goulash or hearty German stews. This round cocotte is made from enamelled cast iron, a material that is particularly effective for stewing and roasting, and which also intensifies the natural flavour of meat, vegetables and other ingredients. The matte black enamel on the cocotte interior distributes heat evenly throughout the dish, right up to the rim, so that each ingredient is cooked at the same speed. The combination of cast iron and enamel also cooks food slowly and steadily retaining its nutritional and vitamin content. The black Staub cocotte has a diameter of 30 cm and is 19 cm high including lid and with a capacity of 8.35 L, is perfect for catering for large parties such as family gatherings. This La Cocotte roasting pan is not restricted to making delicious casseroles: it can also be used for presenting food to your guests.
- Made in France
- Heavy weight, tight-fitting lid retains moisture, spikes on the lid create a rain-forest effect evenly returning juices back onto food
- Oven safe up to 900F/482C without lid, Lids are Oven safe up to 500F/260C
- Brass knob
- Smooth enamel bottom works on all stovetops, including gas, electric, glass, ceramic, induction, and halogen
- Unique, interior matte texture results in exceptional browning
- Dishwasher safe, hand wash recommended
- Suitable for all types of hobs, incl. induction, can also be used in the oven/grill
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.