The 24 cm MIYABI 6000MCT GYUTOH knife is ideal for cutting and chopping meat and fish. Its pointed end is perfect for a variety of tasks, including the removal of bones from fish and meat, and its wooden handle remains pleasant and comfortable to hold. The authentic Japanese blade contributes to the knife's ability to retain its edge. The blade's smooth finish provides a stable grip, making the knife very safe to use. The handle is made from pakkawood and has a unique, gently arched shape. This well-balanced, ergonomic design means that a wide variety of different cutting techniques can be carried out easily and comfortably and that less effort is required when cutting. The GYUTOH knife's most important feature, however, is the micro carbide powder steel blade. This steel has a hardness of approximately Rockwell 63 and features two additional layers. A hammer is used to achieve the Tsuchime finish on the blade and a number of different hardening techniques, which include ice hardening, are used to make the knife more flexible and resistant to corrosion. In the final stage of the manufacturing process, the GYUTOH knife is sharpened on both sides so you can work more quickly and more safely.
- SG2 micro-carbide powder steel
- Authentic thin Japanese blade profile
- Hand-honed using the three-step Honbazuke process for a 9.5 to 12 degree edge
- CRYODUR blade, ice-hardened to Rockwell 63
- SG2 core is protected by two layers and finished with a katana edge
- D-shaped Cocobolo pakkawood handle
- Hammered "Tsuchime" finish
- Hand wash only
- Handcrafted in Seki, Japan
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.