The SHOTOH from Miyabi is designed for the slicing, cutting and peeling of fruit and vegetables. Preparing cold platters or delicious curries containing lots of vegetables are easy with this knife. The double-edged blade and Honbazuke honing give the knife its sharpness. The authentic Japanese blade profile ensures the 13 cm long SHOTOH is easy to use and will stay sharp. The knife is part of the MIYABI 6000MCT series and has a blade with a hammered finish and a Tsuchime look. The handle is made of premium, smooth-grained cocobolo pakka wood. A mosaic pin gives it a special design feature. The handle will retain its shape and has easy care properties. The knife is finely balanced to make cutting an effortless and pleasurable task. The blade is manufactured from Micro Carbide powder steel embedded between two additional steel layers. The central section achieves a hardness rating of around 63 Rockwell. The knife also undergoes special hardening procedures such as ice hardening at -196 degrees Celsius. This increases the blade's stability, flexibility, durability and robustness to provide you with a practical and sharp knife to effortlessly carry out a multitude of kitchen tasks.
- SG2 micro-carbide powder steel
- Authentic thin Japanese blade profile
- Hand-honed using the three-step Honbazuke process for a 9.5 to 12 degree edge
- CRYODUR blade, ice-hardened to Rockwell 63
- SG2 core is protected by two layers and finished with a katana edge
- D-shaped Cocobolo pakkawood handle
- Hammered "Tsuchime" finish
- Hand wash only
- Handcrafted in Seki, Japan
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.