For fans of Japanese cuisine, the SHOTOH from the MIYABI 5000 MCD series is a feast for the eyes. At 9 cm in length, it is ideal for cutting, cleaning and peeling fruit and vegetables. The SHOTOH's handle is made from Masur birch to give each knife a unique wood-grain pattern. An end cap and subtly styled mosaic pin complete the knife's elegant look. The handle is D-shaped to give the knife perfect balance and control for effortless and precision cutting. The blade has beautiful Damask patterning and a hard core of Micro Carbide MC63 powder steel enclosed within 100 layers of two different steels. The CRYODUR® blade is ice-hardened at -196 degrees Celsius to achieve a hardness rating of around 63 Rockwell that keeps the blade sharp and flexible. The blade also undergoes manual Honbazuke honing between two rotating stones to achieve its extreme sharpness, and is then polished using a leather wheel. The SHOTOH from Miyabi has both beauty and functionality.
- SG2 micro-carbide powder steel
- Authentic thin Japanese blade profile
- Hand-honed using the three-step Honbazuke process to a 9.5 to 12 degree edge
- CRYODUR blade, ice-hardened to Rockwell 63
- 101-layer flower Damascus design with katana edge
- Traditional Japanese Karelian (Masur) Birch handle
- Rounded spine and heel
- Hand wash only
- Handcrafted in Seki, Japan
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.