MIYABI 5000MCD has a MicroCarbide powder steel core which gives extremely good sharpness and cutting edge retention. It has 132 outer layers of steel which surround the core and make up the unique Damascus-design pattern on the blade. The cutting edge is Honbazuke-honed and symmetrical (not single bevel), so can be used by those both right and left-handed. There is no finger guard so the whole length of the cutting edge can be used. The black Ash wood handle sits comfortably in the hand, allowing firm control and tireless working. As with anything this special, care should be taken. It's recommended to hand wash only, maintain and sharpen on a whetstone and using glass, ceramic or stone cutting boards should be avoided.
- Blade consists of 133 layers of steel, resulting in a floral damascus pattern
- MC66 Micro Carbide steel is CRYODUR ice-hardened to 66 HRC
- D-shaped handle made of maple, elegantly enhanced with a mosaic pin and steel end-cap
- Hand-honed using the three-step Honbazuke process to a 9.5 to 12 degree edge
- Hand wash only
- Handcrafted in Seki, Japan
- Set Includes 3.5" Paring, 7" Santoku, 8" Chef, 9.5" Bread, MIYABI Shears and Block
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.