MIYABI 5000 FCD Gyutoh, 20cm blade. The gyutoh, or chef's knife, is a general purpose knife for the preparation of larger cuts of meat and vegetables. It has a fine carbide steel core which gives the knife very good initial sharpness and cutting edge retention. The core is embedded in 48 layers of steel which create each knife's unique Damascus-design. The symmetrical cutting edge is Honbazuke honed. This three-stage grinding, sharpening and polishing process gives the knife razor-like sharpness. The entire length of the edge can be used to cut as there is no finger guard. The join between handle and bolster is completely smooth, which helps to prevent calluses forming on the thumb and forefinger and gives a comfortable grip. Hand wash only for best care and avoid cutting on glass, ceramic or stone boards as these will prematurely dull the edge. Maintain and sharpen using whetstones.
- FC61 fine carbide steel blade core
- 48 layers of steel surrounding the core create the Damascus-design
- FRIODUR ice-hardened for extreme hardness
- Rockwell hardness of approximately 61
- Pakka wood handle accented by a steel mosaic pin and handle end cap
- Hand wash only
- Handcrafted in Seki, Japan
- Made in Japan
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.