When holding a MIYABI 4000FC knife in your hand, you experience traditional artisan Japanese knife craftsmanship. Beauty and sharpness are the ideals to be attained with every kitchen knife - and these are also reflected with this Gyutoh, with a blade length of 240 mm. Its blade, which has been honed on both sides, turns it into the perfect instrument for cutting meat or preparing large vegetables. The robust FRIODUR blade is characterised by its high edge holding ability: The material used for this is FC61 steel that has undergone twofold ice-hardening. The high-quality special steel offers the best prerequisites for a particularly fine Katana-edge cut, as is known with the blades of Japanese swords. As such, the blade becomes very sharp and acquires a high edge holding ability - a sign of masterly artisan knife craftsmanship. The octagonally-formed handle and bolster do not only turn the MIYABI 4000FC into a stylish instrument, but also make it safe and comfortable. Optically, with the impregnated, dimensionally-stable Pakka wood handle, the mosaic pin also is an eye-catcher. It underscores the elegant character that characterises a Japanese chef's knife like this one. All MIYABI knifes are manufactured in Seki, Japan. ZWILLING has its own manufacturing site there. This way, German engineering skill from Solingen and finest East-Asian craftsmanship are ideally united.
- Fabricated from revolutionary FC61 fine carbide stainless steel - 61 Rockwell hardness
- Ice-hardened FRIODURx2 blade offers exceptional durability, cutting edge retention, and corrosion resistance
- Hand-honed Honbazuke blade boasts scalpel-like sharpness
- Authentic, thin Japanese blade profile - 9.5-12 degree edge angle
- Mirror-polished blade features Japanese design details: sandblasted katana edge and embossed MIYABI logo
- Stylishly stamped with a mosaic pin, ergonomic Pakkawood handle design nestles comfortably in the hand
- Rounded spine and heel ensure tireless cutting
- Hand wash only
- Handcrafted in Seki, Japan
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.