The Miyabi 5000 FC-D Kaizen II 9.5" Chef's Knife is designed to exacting standards, MIYABI continues to strive for perfection with the MIYABI Kaizen Collection. "Kaizen" Japanese for "improvement" or "change for the better" is a way of life. This series combines the latest technology with sleek, modern lines and centuries of knife-making artistry. Forged 49 layer construction with an FC61 super steel core protected by 48 alternating layers of stainless steel ground to expose a unique Damascus design and wavy katana edge. The ergonomically shaped black Pakka wood handle features a striking mosaic pin, red decorative ring and end-cap with logo. Handcrafted in Seki, Japan. The Chef's Knife (GYUTOH) is the workhorse of the kitchen. Whether chopping, slicing, or dicing meat and vegetables, the broad, sturdy blade and comfortable, balanced size will quickly become the go-to knife for everyday tasks.
- FC61 fine carbide steel blade core
- 48 layers of steel surrounding the core create the Damascus-design
- FRIODUR ice-hardened for extreme hardness
- Rockwell hardness of approximately 61
- Pakka wood handle accented by a steel mosaic pin and handle end cap
- Hand wash only
- Handcrafted in Seki, Japan
- Made in Japan
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.