Lonsdale Cooking School
Chef Ned Bell is available on the above dates for any the following menus:
THIS EVENT IS SOLD OUT!
Join Chef Ned Bell for the Vancouver launch of his new cookbook Lure: Sustainable Seafood Recipes from the West Coast, on November 20th, from 6-8pm.
Ned Bell is the cook, writer, and advocate behind Chefs for Ocean, which he founded in 2014. Ned is passionate about creating globally inspired dishes crafted with locally grown ingredients with an emphasis on sustainable seafood. His community-focused life is firmly based on the health and wellness of his home, his country, and the world through extraordinary life experiences. As the father of three sons, Ned is dedicated to inspiring Canadians to become part of the solution for healthier oceans for today’s children and generations to come. Ned has earned numerous accolades, including Canada’s “Chef of the Year” at Food Service and Hospitality magazine’s 2014 Pinnacle Awards. He currently lives in Vancouver, BC.
Guests will receive a copy with the purchase of each ticket and meet Ned to get it signed while enjoying an evening of ocean-friendly seafood based on recipes from LURE.
Enjoy a glass of wine and the following TASTING MENU:
- Wild BC Spot Prawn Caesars with Walters Ocean Wise Clamato
- Roasted Coho Salmon with Thyme, Brown Butter and Citrus
- Sablefish with Cauliflower, Cashews and Cranberries
- Kelp & Milk Chocolate Brownies with Caramel & Praline
Includes a signed copy of the cookbook
Praise for the book:
“Ned’s passion for sustainable seafood is infectious, and this book is irresistible. Bringing Ned’s recipes into your home is a great way to support healthy oceans.” —Dr. David Suzuki, award-winning scientist, environmentalist, and broadcaster
“These pages offer a welcome glimpse into the creative mind of a chef whose spirited dishes sing of the seasons and praise the products that make the Pacific Northwest the perfect home for one whose heart belongs to the sea.” —Barton Seaver, chef and author of For Cod and Country
Follow Chef Ned on twitter here.
Book this Private Event at Our Lonsdale Cooking School
The Fine Print:The standard price for any private party is $1050 (+tax) for the first 10 people and $95 (+tax) per person after that. The minimum charge for a private event is $1050 (+tax). The 3-hour event, which typically runs from 6-9pm, includes the chef, food costs, and staff. Any beverages would need to be supplied by you, for a self-service bar. If you prefer bar service (we serve you), we would need to take out a special occasion license, at an additional cost to you. Groups larger than 20 guests, will require additional rentals.
Private Party Cancellation Policy:
- A 50% deposit is required at time of booking, and is fully refundable up to 30 days before your event. The balance is due 48 hours prior to your event.
- Half of the deposit is refundable, up to 14 days before your event. The deposit is non-refundable less than 14 days prior to your event.
- If you need to change the date of your event you may do so once, for free, up to 14 days before your event. Any additional date changes will have a $100 charge. We are sorry, but we cannot accommodate date changes less than 14 days prior to your event.
- Final number of guests is required 48 hours before your event (with no changes allowed following this time - if a guest is unable to attend within this period, please send somebody in their place)