This pizza recipe uses simple ingredients to create a delicious pizza with a crisp crust.
6 oz mushrooms, thinly sliced
1 cup of your favorite, pitted and sliced, olives
1 Tbsp olive oil
1-2 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
2 tsp chopped thyme
6 oz. fontina cheese, diced
1-2 Tbsp cornmeal
1 lb. prepared pizza dough
1. Preheat a pizza stone in a 550 degrees F oven or covered grill.
2. Toss together mushrooms, olives, olive oil, garlic and thyme in a mixing bowl. Mix in cheese, season with salt and pepper and set aside.
3. Sprinkle pizza peel generously with cornmeal. Roll and stretch pizza dough on a well-floured surface into a 14-inch circle and place onto pizza peel.
4. Pour mushroom olive mixture on top and spread out evenly.
5. Slide onto your pizza stone and bake for 10-15 minutes until crisp and bubbly. Carefully remove from oven or grill and place on cutting board or trivet. Cut and serve hot. Makes 1 (14-inch) pizza.