Preparation: 10 mins
Cooking time: 30 mins
500 g thin zucchini
400 g yellow bell pepper
500 g eggplants
100 g black olives
500 g cherry or baby plum tomatoes
15 g tomato paste
150 ml vegetable broth (or other broth)
200 ml olive oil
Fine gray sea salt, pepper from the pepper mill
15 g sugar
10 g garlic
50 g onions
1 bunch mint
1. Wash and peel the vegetables.
2. Remove the olive stones and cut the olives in two.
3. Finely cut the mint and set aside.
4. Finely dice the zucchini, eggplants, onions, tomatoes, garlic and bell pepper into 0.5 cm cubes.
5. In a Sauté Pan quickly sear the zucchini, eggplants, onions, garlic and bell pepper individually and in small quantities in hot olive oil.
6. Do not let the vegetables go too brown (still a little al dente), season and transfer.
7. Then return all the diced vegetables into the Sauté Pan, add the cut olives, diced tomatoes, tomato paste, broth and sugar and simmer for about 5 minutes.
8. Then season and garnish with the fresh mint.
9. Serve immediately.
Recipe extract from Paul Bocuse’s book “BOCUSE dans votre cuisine” – Editions Flammarion