Your shipments delivered within 3‑7 working days
From family-run Canadian business, shipping in BC and across Canada
100% 30-day money back guarantee
Need a hand? We're a Canadian based customer service company
Click and Collect in Stores
You would rather come in store? No problem, click and collect at checkout and we'll get it ready for you to pick up asap.
We are located in Victoria and Vancouver, BC, Canada
Contact us through the chat button below
To complement the range of cast-iron cocottes, Staub has developed high-quality products for a variety of day-to-day cooking requirements. Discover a range of grills and fry pans designed for easy food preparation and a stunning presentation. Made in France of enamelled cast iron, the Staub Double Handle Grill ensures excellent browning and uniform heat distribution for delicious food with authentic grill marks.
- Easy-to-hold side handles make moving the pan simple and fuss-free
- Fits easily onto a conventional stove-top
- Glossy enamelled exterior, black matte enamelled interior ensure maximum longevity
- The smooth enamelled bottom is compatible with all cooktops including induction
- Oven safe
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.
Why should I purchase an enamelled cast iron product from Staub?
- The drops under the lid ensure the continuous basting of dishes.
- Black matte interior enamel coating.
- Long-lasting and durable use.
- Does not discolour or rust.
- The longer the Cocotte is in use, the tastier the dishes become! This is because the fat you use during cooking adheres to the matte enamel creating a natural and smooth non-stick coating.
- The smooth enamel base can be used on all stovetops including induction.
- Solid brass handles on the lid (for black Cocottes) and nickel-plated stainless steel for all other colours.
STAUB products perfectly combine traditional craftsmanship with state-of-the-art technology. Famous restaurateurs from all over the world value the high quality of STAUB cookware. This is why STAUB is not only used in the kitchen of prestigious restaurants but also finds a home in the domestic kitchen as amateur chefs and home cooks prepare, cook and serve at the dining table with STAUB.
The Benefits of Enamelled Cast Iron
Cast iron cooking pots have been used for over 2000 years. They have long been valued for their durability and their heat retention capacity and to such an extent that it is not uncommon for these valuable items to be passed on to the next generation. The additional enamelling has now become a significant further development in this traditional material.
- For all ingredients, the nutritional values and full aromas are preserved. Meat does not dry out and vegetables remain soft.
- Whatever dishes you prepare in the Cocotte from STAUB, you can rely on a tasty and nutritional cooking result.
- Cast iron is a strong carbon-containing iron alloy and is one of the best materials for retaining heat, releasing it again slowly and distributing it evenly.
- When cast iron is heated up, thanks to its heat-saving properties you can turn your stovetop to the lowest setting to allow your dish to simmer and also save energy in the process.
- Cast iron also keeps things cold. If you freeze your cast iron product before serving, it will remain cold on the table for a long time.
- Enamel consists mainly of glass and is extremely resistant.
- Enameled cast iron is suitable for all stovetops including induction.
Thanks to its high-grade quality and its exquisite surface enamelling, the products from STAUB can be used both as tableware as well as in the kitchen. The outer layers are enamelled at least twice using an innovative technique.
How a Cocotte is created
What is the secret of the lid?
Melting the raw materials
Frequently Asked Questions
- Cast iron retains and evenly distributes heat for a long time.
- It is perfectly suited for slow-braised dishes.
- Cast iron is the ideal solution for both beginners and professionals.
- And the material is reusable!
- All Staub products are produced from high-quality cast iron. Cast iron is by its very nature heavy and the use of enamelled cast iron offers a whole range of benefits.
- A slow-simmering process at low temperatures gives a more intense flavour to your food.
- It retains the heat for longer and keeps the food warm until you are ready to serve it.
- The heavy lid ensures that moisture is retained and that dishes acquire a more intense flavour.
- The base does not deform but remains flat and smooth.
- they recommend the use of plastic/silicone or wood utensils in order to avoid scratches on the enamel surface.
- These elevations are intrinsic to their special drop process for continuous basting. They ensure the continuous basting of the food being cooked and distribute the condensed water evenly over the food, in other words simmering in a closed cycle, also absolutely evenly and not only at the edge as with traditional curved lids. Using a Cocotte from Staub guarantees you an optimum taste experience!
- Yes, but they recommend that you clean them by hand. Staub guarantees top product quality. Therefore products should also be carefully cared for. Following their maintenance and use instructions will ensure that you will be able to use your Staub product for a long time.
- Your Cocotte can be easily cleaned with any common washing-up liquid and water. Do not use any scouring agents or abrasive sponges to clean your Staub product. To remove stubborn dirt they recommend that you soak your Cocotte in warm water with a little washing-up liquid until all residues can be removed.
- This is carbon build-up and is a consequence of the slow cooking process. Most brown spots can be removed by rubbing with a non-scourg cleaning agent. Use a paintbrush from time to time to oil the inside of your Cocotte with any common brand of vegetable oil and remove any oil residues before storing them away. This will ensure your product retains its shine.
- At Staub they use state-of-the-art black matte enamel which is particularly scratch-resistant. This was originally designed for very frequent use in restaurants.
- Even though their black matte enamel is particularly scratch-resistant, it is best to follow the tips for proper use. The enamel may scratch if it collides with other objects or may chip if the product falls to the floor. Always ensure that you heat up your cast iron products slowly. Start initially with a few minutes at a low temperature. Then allow to cool down for at least 15 minutes before rinsing with cold water.
- their black matte enamel is virtually indestructible and delivers excellent cooking results. Your Staub Cocotte will gradually burn-in as the fats used in the cooking process penetrate into the pores of the black matte enamel. The black matte enamel will gradually go brownish ensuring better cooking results each time you use it!
- The surface of the black matte enamel is not covered with a specific non-stick coating. The use of oil prevents your foodstuffs from sticking and a little oil is always needed to prepare dishes. After a while, a natural non-stick coating will form in your Staub Cocotte in exactly the same way as the burning-in of a pure cast iron product.
- they recommend simmering on a medium heat which is gradually reduced. Due to the good heat distribution of cast iron, it is not necessary to cook at high temperatures. But if you do want to cook at high temperatures then you should raise the temperature gradually in order to avoid a thermal shock.
- Due to the good heat distribution of cast iron, it is not necessary to set your teapot to maximum temperature to bring the water to a boil. Your water will still boil at a low heat and this avoids any damaging thermal shock.
- Yes. Staub products can be used on all oven types including induction. Products with a black matte exterior are coated on the underside with blue enamel which protects your sensitive stovetops.
- Yes. All lid knobs are made of brass or nickel-plated stainless steel and are heat-resistant up to 250°C. To avoid burns always use oven cloths or oven gloves when you touch your Staub products.
- They offer a 30-year guarantee that is explained in more detail on their website under the menu item "Guarantee". they commit to offering services and products of the highest quality to their entire customer base. If you are not satisfied with your Staub product, please contact Zwilling Canada so that they can solve the problem.
- These elevations stabilize the lid when it is placed on the Cocotte.
- These are symbols that are included in the production moulds. Depending on the size of the product, several products can be cast at the same time in one mould (e.g. one mold contains several lids). If a defect is identified on a product then they can use this number to determine the respective position of the mold and take the necessary measures to guarantee a flawless product.
- The letters or numbers have nothing to do with product quality (2nd choice or B-goods)
- Cast iron is a compound of carbon-enriched iron. It also contains silicone, manganese, phosphorus and sulphur.