Your shipments delivered within 3‑7 working days
From family-run Canadian business, shipping in BC and across Canada
100% 30-day money back guarantee
Need a hand? We're a Canadian based customer service company
Click and Collect in Stores
You would rather come in store? No problem, click and collect at checkout and we'll get it ready for you to pick up asap.
We are located in Victoria and Vancouver, BC, Canada
Contact us through the chat button below
A new addition to the Staub enameled cast iron collection, this chistera Drop-Structure cookware combines the versatility of use and the compact size of a braiser with guaranteed cooking quality, thanks to Staub's continuous self-basting feature. Its secret: a convex lid covered with uniquely formed elements inspired by the Basque Pelota chistera. The self-basting performance of this convex lid compares to that of the famous Staub cocotte with its flat lid with spikes. Combined with our special matt black enameled interior - perfect for browning / braising, every culinary creation is sure to taste as wonderful as these vessels look.
- Capacity: 3.7L / 4 qt.
- Dimensions: 28cm / 11-in.
- Domed lid with unique chistera drop structure ensures an even flow and redistribution of moisture throughout
- Exterior with at least 2 coats of coloured enamel
- Internal coats of the specially formulated black matte enamel
- Suitable for all cooktops including induction
- Hand washing recommended
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.
You may also like
Why should I purchase an enamelled cast iron product from Staub?
- The drops under the lid ensure the continuous basting of dishes.
- Black matte interior enamel coating.
- Long-lasting and durable use.
- Does not discolour or rust.
- The longer the Cocotte is in use, the tastier the dishes become! This is because the fat you use during cooking adheres to the matte enamel creating a natural and smooth non-stick coating.
- The smooth enamel base can be used on all stovetops including induction.
- Solid brass handles on the lid (for black Cocottes) and nickel-plated stainless steel for all other colours.
STAUB products perfectly combine traditional craftsmanship with state-of-the-art technology. Famous restaurateurs from all over the world value the high quality of STAUB cookware. This is why STAUB is not only used in the kitchen of prestigious restaurants but also finds a home in the domestic kitchen as amateur chefs and home cooks prepare, cook and serve at the dining table with STAUB.
The Benefits of Enamelled Cast Iron
Cast iron cooking pots have been used for over 2000 years. They have long been valued for their durability and their heat retention capacity and to such an extent that it is not uncommon for these valuable items to be passed on to the next generation. The additional enamelling has now become a significant further development in this traditional material.
- For all ingredients, the nutritional values and full aromas are preserved. Meat does not dry out and vegetables remain soft.
- Whatever dishes you prepare in the Cocotte from STAUB, you can rely on a tasty and nutritional cooking result.
- Cast iron is a strong carbon-containing iron alloy and is one of the best materials for retaining heat, releasing it again slowly and distributing it evenly.
- When cast iron is heated up, thanks to its heat-saving properties you can turn your stovetop to the lowest setting to allow your dish to simmer and also save energy in the process.
- Cast iron also keeps things cold. If you freeze your cast iron product before serving, it will remain cold on the table for a long time.
- Enamel consists mainly of glass and is extremely resistant.
- Enameled cast iron is suitable for all stovetops including induction.
Thanks to its high-grade quality and its exquisite surface enamelling, the products from STAUB can be used both as tableware as well as in the kitchen. The outer layers are enamelled at least twice using an innovative technique.